Re: Maximum Possible Insert Performance?

От William Yu
Тема Re: Maximum Possible Insert Performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus wrote:
> William,
>

>>When my current job batch is done, I'll save a copy of the dir and give
>>the WAL on ramdrive a test. And perhaps even buy a Sandisk at the local
>>store and run that through the hooper.
>

> We'll be interested in the results.   The Sandisk won't be much of a
> performance test; last I checked, their access speed was about 1/2 that of a
> fast SCSI drive.   But it could be a feasability test for the more expensive
> RAMdrive approach.

The SanDisks do seem a bit pokey at 16MBps. On the otherhand, you could
get 4 of these suckers, put them in a mega-RAID-0 stripe for 64MBps. You
shouldn't need to do mirroring with a solid state drive.

Time to Google up some more solid state drive vendors.