Re: Maximum Possible Insert Performance?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Maximum Possible Insert Performance?
Дата
Re: Maximum Possible Insert Performance?
Список pgsql-performance
William,

> When my current job batch is done, I'll save a copy of the dir and give
> the WAL on ramdrive a test. And perhaps even buy a Sandisk at the local
> store and run that through the hooper.

We'll be interested in the results.   The Sandisk won't be much of a
performance test; last I checked, their access speed was about 1/2 that of a
fast SCSI drive.   But it could be a feasability test for the more expensive
RAMdrive approach.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions