Statistical Reporting

От Dennis Oudijk
Тема Statistical Reporting
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We run an apartment rental websites where people can post the rental
properties that are available to rent.

We currently have a statistics feature that provides landlords with
information such as 'how many time has their property come up in a search'
and 'how many times have people clicked on the rental property in the search
result to view the complete details'.

This queries our database and seems to place a heavy load on our server. we
are thinking of using replication so that we can query the offline server
(backup server) so that we do not task the live server however we understand
that currently there is not a stable replication solution for Postgresql
7.32

Does anybody have any suggestion on how to handle this query more
efficiently?

Thanks in Advance.

Dennis (a non-technical person)