Re: How do i get the location or -D paramter to accept a windows

От Bruno LEVEQUE
Тема Re: How do i get the location or -D paramter to accept a windows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The shell must be case sensitive.
Try :

[/]$ initlocation e:\pgDBs
[/]$ createdb -D 'e:\pgDBs' testdb

You see the differnce with yours ? (e:pgDBs)

Chris Brown wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to create a new database at the location E:\PGdbs on a
>system running cygwin postgresql.
>
>If I try to set this location using pgAdmin II it errors out complaining
>about the first character in the string.
>If I try to set this location using the -D paramater of create the
>following happens:
>C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\7.3\bin>bash
>[/] $ initlocation e:\pgDBs
>The location will be initialized with username "adminchris".
>This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.
>
>Fixing permissions on pre-existing directory e:pgDBs
>Fixing permissions on pre-existing directory e:pgDBs/base
>
>initlocation is complete.
>
>[/] $ createdb -D 'e:\pgDbs' testdb
>ERROR:  Postmaster environment variable 'e:pgDbs' not set
>createdb: database creation failed
>[/] $ initlocation e:/pgDBs
>The location will be initialized with username "adminchris".
>This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.
>
>Fixing permissions on pre-existing directory e:/pgDBs
>Fixing permissions on pre-existing directory e:/pgDBs/base
>
>initlocation is complete.
>
>[/] $ createdb -D 'e:/pgDbs' testdb
>ERROR:  Relative paths are not allowed as database locations
>createdb: database creation failed
>[/] $
>
>Is there a workaround of some kind?
>
>Thanks for any advice.
>Chris

Bruno LEVEQUE
System Engineer
SARL NET6D

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql: Bush becomes a null, can not execute null query