Re: ('dog$house' = quote_ident('dog$house')) is surprisingly FALSE

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: ('dog$house' = quote_ident('dog$house')) is surprisingly FALSE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/7/22 17:16, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:
>> david.g.johnston@gmail.com <mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> bryn@yugabyte.com <mailto:bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> (3) The PG doc on quote_ident says this in large friendly letters:

>>> Notice "only". I now know that this is very much not the case. You
>>> can compose an effectively unlimited number of different examples
>>> along these lines:
>>>
>>> *select quote_ident('redaktør'); → "redaktør"
>>> create table redaktør(n int); → table successfully created
>>> *
>>
>> Yep, and that is precisely what would make for a good bug report.
>> Pointing out that "if necessary" does not indeed match up with the
>> behavior. I suspect it is likely to get changed - everything else
>> being discussed just detracts attention from it.
>
> **BRIEFLY**
>
> What does "make for a good bug report" mean, David? Is it:

Oh for goodness sake just file a bug here:

https://www.postgresql.org/account/login/?next=/account/submitbug/

with the test case you showed in your previous post.

As to below:

1) If you want a guaranteed outcome then you are in the wrong business.

2) Excessive verbiage(writing for writing's sake) takes away from any
argument you are trying to make. Less is more. I have come to the point
where I ignore most of what you write as it really does not go anywhere
other then make noise.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: ('dog$house' = quote_ident('dog$house')) is surprisingly FALSE
Сообщение: Re: ('dog$house' = quote_ident('dog$house')) is surprisingly FALSE