Re: No console output from PostgresSQL binaries on fresh windows install

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: No console output from PostgresSQL binaries on fresh windows install
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2020-10-28 at 14:42 +0100, tim-sandner@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hard to say - perhaps there was something missing in the PATH, so that required shared libraries could not be
found?

> Have you got any idea where I would find more information on that? I not able to find anything but the build
dependencieson the topic.

> If not, I might have to consider another way of implementing PostgreSQL as a backend for my application. (possibly a
headlessinstaller)

I guess you don't find anything about that in the installation section because it
is operating system specific.

PostgreSQL does not consist of statically linked monolithic executables, but
it requires shared libraries for its operation (DLL in Windows).

The required shared libraries are included in the binary Windows distribution.
But you have to configure the shared library search path, otherwise Windows
won't find the shared libraries.  On windows, the PATH environment variable
doubles as shared library search path.

Ask your system administrator or perform a web search about PATH on Windows.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe