Re: Strange failures on chipmunk

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Strange failures on chipmunk
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 30/06/2022 09:31, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 10:07:18AM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> Then there's this one-off, that smells like WAL corruption:
>>
>> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=chipmunk&dt=2022-06-13%2015%3A12%3A44
>>
>> 2022-06-13 23:02:06.988 EEST [30121:5] LOG:  incorrect resource
>> manager data checksum in record at 0/79B4FE0
>>
>> Hmmm.  I suppose it's remotely possible that Linux/armv6l ext4 suffers
>> from concurrency bugs like Linux/sparc.
>
> Running sparc64-ext4-zeros.c from
> https://marc.info/?l=linux-sparc&m=164539269632667&w=2 could confirm that
> possibility.

I ran sparc64-ext4-zeros on chipmunk for 10 minutes, and it didn't print
anything.

It's possible that the SD card on chipmunk is simply wearing out and
flipping bits. I can try to replace it. Anyone have suggestions on a
test program I could run on the SD card, after replacing it, to verify
if it was indeed worn out?

- Heikki