Re: Strange failures on chipmunk

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Strange failures on chipmunk
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 8:21 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> I ran sparc64-ext4-zeros on chipmunk for 10 minutes, and it didn't print
> anything.

Thanks for checking.

> It's possible that the SD card on chipmunk is simply wearing out and
> flipping bits. I can try to replace it. Anyone have suggestions on a
> test program I could run on the SD card, after replacing it, to verify
> if it was indeed worn out?

BTW its disk is full.

FWIW I run RPi4 build bots on higher end USB3.x sticks (SanDisk
Extreme Pro, I'm sure there are others), and the performance is orders
of magnitude higher and more consistent than the micro SD and
cheap/random USB sticks I tried.  Admittedly they cost more than the
RPi4 board themselves (back when you could get them).

I noticed another (presumed) Raspberry Pi apparently behaving
strangely at the storage level (guessing it's a Pi by the armv7l
architecture): dangomushi appears to get files mixed up.  Here it is
trying to compile a log file last week:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dangomushi&dt=2022-07-14%2017%3A58%3A38

And the week before it tried to compile some Perl:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dangomushi&dt=2022-07-09%2015%3A30%3A07