Re: Who is Slony Master/Slave + general questions.

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: Who is Slony Master/Slave + general questions.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>As written in documentation "Slony-I does not provide any automatic
>>detection for failed systems. "
>>First of all, you may want to upgrade to the latest stable slony1 version.

But if you have a combination of Slony + Linux HA you can make use of Slony failover to do an automatic failover when the master node goes down.

sjarosz@gmail.com a écrit :
> (...) The Slony version I'm using is 1.1.2.
The current version of Slony1 is slony1-1.2.6.
> Take a scenario that
> you want to check the state of the system without prior knowledge of
> the node setup, how would you determine which machine is the prime and
> which one is the slave?

Without any knowledge of replication ? That will be difficult. You
should connect to one of the DB and have a look at slony schema tables
(sl_status and sl_listen for instance)...

You may also have a look at that page :
http://linuxfinances.info/info/monitoring.html

> Also I'm having issues with the slonik script (below) that is supposed
> to handle the failover to the slave in case of master failure.  For
> some reason it hangs and I was wondering if there are known issues with
> it.
As written in documentation "Slony-I does not provide any automatic
detection for failed systems. "
First of all, you may want to upgrade to the latest stable slony1 version.

Cheers,

SAS

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

От: Stéphane Schildknecht
Сообщение: Re: Who is Slony Master/Slave + general questions.
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Alter definition of a column