Re: like query backslash

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: like query backslash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is how version below 8.2 used to handled backslashes, but with 8.2 you can now handle the backslashes using a setting in the postgresql.conf file:
standard_conforming_strings ( boolean)

This controls whether ordinary string literals ('...') treat backslashes literally, as specified in the SQL standard. The default is currently off, causing PostgreSQL to have its historical behavior of treating backslashes as escape characters. The default will change to on in a future release to improve compatibility with the standard. Applications may check this parameter to determine how string literals will be processed. The presence of this parameter can also be taken as an indication that the escape string syntax (E'...') is supported. Escape string syntax should be used if an application desires backslashes to be treated as escape characters.

Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)