Antw: Re: Problems with unique restrictions

От Marcel Gsteiger
Тема Antw: Re: Problems with unique restrictions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
thanks for responding. Meanwhile I found out that ist was my own fault. A newly installed insert trigger fired
unexpectedlyand caused the error. Now I'm redesigning my functions  to make them smaller so that errors can be found
easier.Sometimes I wish there was something like a debugger for PL/PGSQL with breakpoints, single step, variable
watching...
Anyway, PostgreSQL is the best backend I ever have worked with.

Regards
--Marcel
"Marcel Gsteiger" <Marcel.Gsteiger@milprog.ch> writes:
> Now since I upgraded to 8.2 I have problems inserting data into tables that have unique indexes. Ugly enough, I get
themessage 'duplicate key violates unique constraint' when inserting the very first record into a table. This happens
everytimewhen the new tuple references another tuple that has been inserted just before this one in the same
transaction.

> Putting a "SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED" in my procedure does not help.

> To me it looks that something with referential integrity checking goes wrong, but in this case the error message
wouldbe misleading.

RI would not have anything to do with a duplicate-key error.

Do you have any SERIAL-type columns in these tables?  My first thought
is of a sequence that hasn't been updated to be above the existing ID
values.  It's fairly easy to get into such a state if you do anything
but a plain vanilla dump-all-and-reload-all update process ...

От: "Shoaib Mir"
Сообщение: Re: like query backslash
От: "Shoaib Mir"
Сообщение: Re: Problems with unique restrictions