Re: Migration problems with encoding.

От Shoaib Mir
Тема Re: Migration problems with encoding.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Have you tried using 'iconv' for cleaning up the invalid UTF8 character? In case of big files you can always split them.

-----------------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com )

On 12/12/06, Manuel Trujillo <mtrujillo@vlex.com> wrote:
Hi!

Firs, I will apologize about my bad english... sorry...

I have a database in postgres 8.0 with encoding defined with UTF8. All
work fine, but because the new features from 8.2 version, we would like
to migrate the database to this new version.
The problem: Encoding incompatibilities between the postgresql version.

How can i resolve this with a database about 16 Gb? Are there any
document about how to solve this?

Thank you very much.

--
Manuel Trujillo Albarral