Re: sizing / capacity planning tipps related to expected request or transactions per second

От MichaelDBA
Тема Re: sizing / capacity planning tipps related to expected request or transactions per second
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Dirk,

There are a bunch of other things to consider besides just TPS and size
of database.  Since PG is process-bound, I would consider connection
activity: How many active connections at any one time?  This greatly
affects your CPUs.  SQL workload is another big factor: a lot of complex
queries may use up or want to use up large amounts of work_mem, which
greatly affects your memory capacity.

Bunch of other stuff, but these are my top 2.

Regards,
Michael Vitale