Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?

От Johannes Graën
Тема Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/25/20 7:40 AM, tutiluren@tutanota.com wrote:
> I don't mean this to sound rude, but it's like talking to a wall... What
> I mean is that there are obviously technical means for software to know
> whether they are exhausting the system they are running on or not, and
> expecting people to understand all these intricate internal parameters
> is just... bizarre. There ought to be some kind of "abstract" setting
> for those of us who aren't able to (or even *wish* to) comprehend all
> the PG internals, and just want an efficient database using (roughly) as
> much of our machine as we want.

I found pgtune [1] to be a very good start for tuning PG. There's also a
tool available online [2].

[1] https://github.com/gregs1104/pgtune
[2] https://pgtune.leopard.in.ua/

Сообщение: Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?