Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?
Дата
Ответ на Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver schrieb am 25.09.2020 um 17:02:
>> Would it be nice if I could use special characters like öäü in the names of tables and columns (without the hassle
ofquoting them)?
>> Yes, absolutely.
>>
> But you can use them without quoting:
>
> select version();
>                                        version
>   PostgreSQL 12.3 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (SUSE Linux) 7.5.0, 64-bit
>
> create table öäü (id int , fld_1 varchar);
>
> insert into öäü values (1, 'test');
>
> select * from öäü;
>   id | fld_1
>    1 | test

Ah cool ;)

I didn't know that, thanks.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?