Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver

От Daniel Seichter
Тема Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Scott,
> Note that running Postgresql on it's own server is a good idea if it's
> currently sharing with an application server.  While some systems (Zope,
> PHPNuke stuff) can run in little or no memory, most app servers eat up a
> lot of memory that postgresql could use for cacheing.
We only use this server as postgreSQL server, and no apache, no mail no php
or something like this works on it.
And if the main database grows up to some GB of capacity, we had to migrate
to an new server.

BTW, Dual 750's will be great for me *g*

Daniel

От: "scott.marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver
От: Sam Barnett-Cormack
Сообщение: Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver