Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver on one server

От Daniel Seichter
Тема Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver on one server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The result of compiling, testing and let postgreSQL crash:

Now I know, that I only have advantages if I will let run each database with
its own session of pgsql. I can stop/start/restart(/kill) one session and
the other works as long as the server is not shutting down or something like
the worst case,...
I can setting up different users with different rights to each postgresql
and also can limit the possibility that users can have access to something
they shoudl not get have access.
Today memory isn't expensive so with 512MB I can be shure, every user on
this server might have enough to work without any timeout or waiting times
greater then 2 seconds.

Thanks to all which helped.

Daniel

P.S.: I hope the new release of postgreSQL for netware will be available
soon, so the same I can do without compiling.
--
postgreSQL on Netware - the red elephant
http://postgresql.dseichter.org