Re: Feature request: disable copying SQL from main window to query tool by default

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Feature request: disable copying SQL from main window to query tool by default
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
2009/12/22 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 21/12/2009 15:41, Thom Brown a écrit :
>> [...]
>> Not so much a feature request but a tweak to a default settings.  The guys
>> at work agree that copying the creation script for a database object into a
>> new query window is a bit annoying and unnecessary as we always end up
>> having to clear the window each time before typing anything.  I imagine it's
>> not something people will want a vast majority of the time, so maybe not
>> disabling it by default would be a good idea.  We've now disabled it in our
>> own clients, but find it odd it's enabled as default behaviour in the first
>> place.
>>

> I have the exact same behavior: open the query tool, delete the SQL
> script, start the real work. Kind of annoying. So I won't oppose to fix
> it this way :)

We're talking about the default value for the option that does that
already. It just defaults to on at the moment, but Thom thinks off
seems more sensible.

Yes, I'm not against it being available, just it being the default behaviour. :)  The specific option I'm referring to is in File > Options, and in the Query tab there's an option named "Copy SQL from main window to query tool" which is checked by default.

Thom

Сообщение: Re: Feature request: disable copying SQL from main window to query tool by default
Сообщение: Re: Feature request: disable copying SQL from main window to query tool by default