Re: Is it possible to keep indexes on different disk location?

От W.P.
Тема Re: Is it possible to keep indexes on different disk location?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
W dniu 18.08.2022 o 16:46, Laurenz Albe pisze:
> On Thu, 2022-08-18 at 08:39 +0200, W.P. wrote:
>> I have a PostgreSQL 11 server on OrangePi3 (ARM 64 bit, Armbian, PG from
>> distro).
>>
>> Database (all cluster) is located on USB disk. This approach give me
>> already 2 times loosing DB contents (it is a replica of DB on i7).
>>
>> But the whole thing (mainly indexes) is about 50G, and internal storage
>> is only 32GB.
>>
>> Is it possible to move  DB tables etc to this internal storage (sure
>> connection) and put only    indexes on USB  HDD?
>>
>> And will it help in case of losing connection to USB disk? (DB
>> recoverable instead of total crash)?
> I'd say that that is a bad idea.  It would not be easy to recover from
> losing a tablespace, even if it contains only indexes.
So do You see any (chaeper) solution for using 40GB DB having only 32
(max) GB of storage I can trust? (uSD card)
> Get a real computer.  Take backups regularly.

Main DB is on "real" i7 8GB / 500 SSD.

But You are right, I am taking backups  irregular. It is not critical,
but loosing "main" would not be nice...

W.P.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Data caching
От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: SIReadLock vs hot_standby_feedback