Re: Fwd: Data caching

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Fwd: Data caching
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/18/22 09:39, Anant ngo wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there a postgres extension or project related to
> application-level/foreign-table data caching ? The postgres_fdw
> extension fetches data from foreign table for each command.
>
> I have seen previous messages in archive about caching in form of global
> temp tables, query cache etc. There are good discussions about
> whether support should be built-in but did not find any implementation.

Cursors?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-declare.html

"A cursor created with WITH HOLD is closed when an explicit CLOSE
command is issued on it, or the session ends. In the current
implementation, the rows represented by a held cursor are copied into a
temporary file or memory area so that they remain available for
subsequent transactions."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com