Re: HotSync Replicate doubt?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: HotSync Replicate doubt?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/30/2017 09:39 AM, Periko Support wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I had some doubt about PSQL internal replication mechanics(Streaming).
>
> If I setup a Master-Slave Hot StandBy.
>
> The slave is on a Read-Only stage, but we can query the server.
>
> If a user create a table in the database:
>
> CREATE DATABASE mynewdb;
> CREATE TABLE mytbale-name + fields.
>
> Or if changes a table with new fields or remove fields.
>
> Does the replication will send this commands to the SLAVE without user
> intervention?
>
> I run bucardo for replication, but this feature doesn't work, we need
> to manually do it on the
> SLAVE and some other steps to have both DB sync.
>
> We already know how to do it, bucardo works.
>
> Just wondering if PSQL can handle this automatically?

Yes, with an exception:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/warm-standby.html

26.2.1. Planning

"Keep in mind that if CREATE TABLESPACE is executed on the primary, any
new mount point needed for it must be created on the primary and all
standby servers before the command is executed"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com