Re: Run 4 postgresql session on ONE server?

От Daniel Seichter
Тема Re: Run 4 postgresql session on ONE server?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

> BTW -- this is pretty easy with the RPMs (I think you said you were on
> RedHat). Just make a symlink to the init script. Call it 'pg2'
>
> Then put the port and pgdata definitions in /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/pg2
No, I am on SuSE but don't using the RPMs (maybe on RedHat it will be
better) because after ONE DAY of asking and configuring I was not able to
make the initdb to the /db directory where the database should stored in,
no, the SuSE RPMs are all linked to /var/...... and I don't want to use
symlinks to a database. To an config-file it is possible, but not to a
directory.
So I sit on my server and wait 15 minuten until postgreSQL is
compiled......*g*

Daniel Seichter
--
postgreSQL on Netware - the red elephant
http://postgresql.dseichter.org