Re: Run 4 postgresql session on ONE server?

От Daniel Seichter
Тема Re: Run 4 postgresql session on ONE server?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good morning,

> Yes, you can do it.  All you have to do is create four seperate accounts
> for it to run under (pgsql1, pgsql2, pgsql3, pgsql4) and then in each of
> those accounts, set up a different PGDATA value and initdb as that user.
> Then edit each account's postgresql.conf to have a different port number
> (I just incremented from 5432 to 5433 etc...) and start them up.
Well, it looks easy *g*
I will do this today and hope, it work.

> Then when you connect just specify the port of the database instance you
> need.  Since each one is running as a different user with different
> postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf files you can lock the production instance
> down tight to prevent brain farts (oops, I just dropped a table in the
> production database) and you're gold.
Ok, at the moment , I only can say: thank you, and I had to test it during
this weekend to start at the next week with the configuration.

Daniel

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: list ranking
От: Karl DeBisschop
Сообщение: Re: Run 4 postgresql session on ONE server?