Re: Strange deletion problem

От robin
Тема Re: Strange deletion problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You could create a statement level delete trigger on the relevant table,
then get it to snapshot all the contents of the pg_stat_activity table
(which will show all running queries) into some sort of log table.

If you look at the plpgsql documentation (part of the postgresql manual
for your release) there is a section on triggers and an example on
maintaining a summary table; this is sort of the pattern you want to adopt,
except that what you insert into the "summary" table will be something
like:

"insert into my_table_delete_log (select * from pg_stat_activity where
current_query not like '%<IDLE>%');"

If you want to run something similar at the row level instead, beware that
you may then see it trigger 15K times and thus you could end up with 15K
copies of the active queries ...

You might also want to add a sequence column to your log table so you can
be sure which order the queries were inserted, although if you're using
statement level logging, you'll should see distinct query and backend start
timestamps anyway.

Just an idea - never tried it myself - so probably best to test it out on
a test database of some sort first!

Cheers,
Robin

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:51:46 +0100, "John Lister"
<john.lister-ps@kickstone.com> wrote:
> 2010/3/30 John Lister <john.lister-ps@kickstone.com>
>
>     Hi, I have a table which is constantly updated through out the day
>     with no problems, I'm running Postgresql 8.3.8 in ubuntu karmic.
>     However, within the last week for some reason overnight it is being
>     emptied and I can't work out why. I've set
log_min_duration_statement