Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi David,

On 06/22/2018 02:28 AM, David Rowley wrote:
> I've attached 2 patches:
>
> 0001: implements items 1-6
> 0002: Is not intended for commit. It just a demo of where we could get
> the performance if we were smarter about locking partitions. I've just
> included this to show 0001's worth.

I did some tests with a 64 hash partition setup, and see a speedup for
INSERT / UPDATE scenarios.

> I don't want to discuss the locking on this thread. That discussion
> will detract from discussing what I'm proposing here... Which is not
> to change anything relating to locks. I'm still working on that and
> will post elsewhere.

With 0002 INSERTs get close to the TPS of the non-partitioned case.
However, UPDATEs doesn't see the same speedup. But, as you said, a
discussion for another thread.

Best regards,
  Jesper