Re: kqueue

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: kqueue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 14/09/2016 00:06, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm inclined to think the kqueue patch is worth applying just on the
> grounds that it makes things better on OS X and doesn't seem to hurt
> on FreeBSD.  Whether anyone would ever get to the point of seeing
> intra-kernel contention on these platforms is hard to predict, but
> we'd be ahead of the curve if so.
>
> It would be good for someone else to reproduce my results though.
> For one thing, 5%-ish is not that far above the noise level; maybe
> what I'm measuring here is just good luck from relocation of critical
> loops into more cache-line-friendly locations.

FWIW, I've tested HEAD vs patch on a 2-cpu low end NetBSD 7.0 i386 machine.

HEAD: 1890/1935/1889 tps
kqueue: 1905/1957/1932 tps

no weird surprises, and basically no differences either.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/

От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem