Re: [HACKERS] pgrowlocks relkind check

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgrowlocks relkind check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/12/17 21:10, Amit Langote wrote:

> FWIW, patch seems simple enough to be committed into 10, unless I am
> missing something.
>
> Rebased one attached.

According to CheckValidRowMarkRel() in execMain.c, we don't allow row
locking in sequences, toast tables, and materialized views.  This is not
quite the same as what your patch wants to do.  I suppose we could stillallow reading the relation, and it won't ever
showanything

interesting.  What do you think?