Re: Updated Cygwin Package: postgresql-7.3.2-2

От Frank Seesink
Тема Re: Updated Cygwin Package: postgresql-7.3.2-2
Дата
Re: Updated Cygwin Package: postgresql-7.3.2-2  (Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net>)
Список pgsql-cygwin
Jason Tishler wrote:
> New News:
> === ====
> I have updated the version of PostgreSQL to 7.3.2-2.  The tarballs should
> be available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.
>
> This version is built against cygipc 1.14-1 which contains a fix to
> properly handle Windows XP's Fast User Switching.  If interested, see
> the following for the details:
>
>     http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-05/msg00282.html

Jason,

    How version-specific is PostgreSQL under Cygwin with relation to
CygIPC?  I mean, from the above, it seems that a fix in the latter
requires a recompile of the former?  Is that accurate?  Or is that only
in specific cases like this one with the Fast User Context Switching
(FUCS)?  [Acronym unintentional...but kind of amusing when I think about
it. :-) ]

    I only ask because I saw the updated CygIPC 1.14-1 this morning and
figured I'd test against it (with the same same PostgreSQL 7.3.2-1
that's been installed).  FYI:  PostgreSQL 7.3.2-1 behaves no differently
than before--initdb still fails if you use FUCS--but 'ipctest s' DOES
work even when logged in using FUCS, and PostgreSQL itself runs just fine.

    I suspect my results answer my own question, but wanted to make sure.