Re: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24.07.24 16:31, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> I took a quick look at the patch and I like that we standardize things a
> bit. But one thing I am not a fan of are all the use of sed and awk in
> the Perl script. I would prefer if that logic happened all in Perl,
> especially since we have some of it in Perl (e.g. chomp). Also I wonder
> if we should not use IPC::Run to do the tests since we already depend on
> it for the other TAP tests.

In principle yes, but here I tried not rewriting the tests too much but
just port them to a newer environment.  I think the adjustments you
describe could be done as a second step.

(I don't really have any expertise in sepgsql or selinux, I'm just doing
this to reduce the dependency on makefiles for testing.  So I'm trying
to use as light a touch as possible.)