Re: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP

От Andreas Karlsson
Тема Re: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 24.07.24 16:31, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
>> I took a quick look at the patch and I like that we standardize things
>> a bit. But one thing I am not a fan of are all the use of sed and awk
>> in the Perl script. I would prefer if that logic happened all in Perl,
>> especially since we have some of it in Perl (e.g. chomp). Also I
>> wonder if we should not use IPC::Run to do the tests since we already
>> depend on it for the other TAP tests.
>
> In principle yes, but here I tried not rewriting the tests too much but
> just port them to a newer environment.  I think the adjustments you
> describe could be done as a second step.

That reasoning makes a lot of sense and I am in agreement. Cleaning that
up is best for another patch.

And managed to get the tests running on Rocky Linux 9 with both
autotools and meson and everything work as it should.

So I have two comments:

1) As I said earlier I think we should remove the old code.

2) If we remove the old code I think the launcher script can be merged
into the TAP test instead of being a separate shell script. But I am
fine if you think that is also something for a separate commit.

I like this kind of clean up patch. Good work! :)

Andreas