'autovacuum with lots of open file references to deleted files' backfrom 2012

От Evgeniy Losev
Тема 'autovacuum with lots of open file references to deleted files' backfrom 2012
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello.

We are running PostgreSQL 9.5.13 and we faced the very same issue as described in this thread:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/B9BEA448-978F-4A14-A088-3FD82214FFAC%40pvv.ntnu.no
Briefly, we have got heavy update/insert/truncate activities on many tables and we're noticed that autovacuum processes
holda lot of file descriptors to deleted data-files (in sum >300GB).

The last answer from Tom Lane in that thread was:
"So far, my guess is that this is fixed by commits a1f064fc2 + d7598aeea."

Is there any patches/configuration recommendations  to solve this problem yet?

Thank you.

--
Evgeniy Losev
Senior System Administrator