Re: Translations contributions urgently needed

От Tels
Тема Re: Translations contributions urgently needed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, February 22, 2018 11:04 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Please join pgsql-translators@postgresql.org.
>
> What surprises me about this thread is that apparently the sad state
> of the v10 translations wasn't already discussed on that list?

The list is more or less dead - over the past 6 months there where only
between 1 and 5 messages per month.

> I have no objection to calling for more translation volunteers on
> this list --- in fact, probably it'd be a good idea to call for
> more help on pgsql-general, too.  But it doesn't seem like it's
> quite on-topic for -hackers otherwise.

I do think it would be a good idea to at least send a translation summary
once a quarter to the translators list and maybe include hackers and
general - many might not be aware of the 80% rule.

Also an automated summary one ore two months before a major release as a
"call for action" would be good to avoid such mishaps.

Last but not least I'd be able to help with the german translation, but I
have no clear idea how, or what the actual status is. Are German
translators actually needed?

And while I have no problem entering some texts on a website or edit a
file with an editor, the process described here:

  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/nls-translator.html

sounds complicated and leaves me unclear on quite a few things, for
instance how would I submit whatever work I've done? Do I need git? An
account? Where? And how does it all work?

I guess a lot of potential translators who aren't programmers would be
left baffled, too.

Best regards,

Tels