Re: Readd use of TAP subtests

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Readd use of TAP subtests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08.12.21 18:31, Tom Lane wrote:
> A question that seems pretty relevant here is: what exactly is the
> point of using the subtest feature, if we aren't especially interested
> in its effect on the overall test count?  I can see that it'd have
> value when you wanted to use skip_all to control a subset of a test
> run, but I'm not detecting where is the value-added in the cases in
> Peter's proposed patch.

It's useful if you edit a test file and add (what would appear to be) N
tests and want to update the number.

But I'm also OK with the done_testing() style, if there are no drawbacks
to that.

Does that call into question why we raised the Test::More version to
begin with?  Or were there other reasons?

Сообщение: Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display
Сообщение: Re: add recovery, backup, archive, streaming etc. activity messages to server logs along with ps display