Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?
Дата
Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?  (Ken Tanzer <ken.tanzer@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 6/17/19 3:03 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> Hi.  If I'm using psql, and type for example:
>
> UPDATE my_table SET my_field
> (with a trailing space)
>
> and then hit Tab, it will expand that to an =, and then another tab will
> expand to DEFAULT, so that I then have:
>
> UPDATE my_table SET my_field = DEFAULT
>
> If I'm tabbing out in this situation, it's going to be after the =, and
> I will have typed "myreal"[tab] in the vain hope that psql will complete
> that to "myreallylongfieldname," but instead it gets replaced with DEFAULT.
>
> So I'm curious if this is intended behavior, if it's considered useful,
> and/or if it's a placeholder for something in the future that will be
> useful.  Also, is this new, as I've never noticed it before?

Not sure how long that has been around.

My cheat for dealing with many/long column names is:

test=# \d up_test
               Table "public.up_test"
  Column |  Type   | Collation | Nullable | Default
--------+---------+-----------+----------+---------
  id     | integer |           |          |
  col1   | boolean |           |          |
  col2   | integer |           |          |

test=# \pset format unaligned
Output format is unaligned.
test=# \pset fieldsep ','
Field separator is ",".