psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?
Дата
Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi.  If I'm using psql, and type for example:

UPDATE my_table SET my_field
(with a trailing space)

and then hit Tab, it will expand that to an =, and then another tab will expand to DEFAULT, so that I then have:

UPDATE my_table SET my_field = DEFAULT

If I'm tabbing out in this situation, it's going to be after the =, and I will have typed "myreal"[tab] in the vain hope that psql will complete that to "myreallylongfieldname," but instead it gets replaced with DEFAULT.

So I'm curious if this is intended behavior, if it's considered useful, and/or if it's a placeholder for something in the future that will be useful.  Also, is this new, as I've never noticed it before?

Thanks in advance,
Ken

p.s.,  Version 9.6.13

--