Re: Error while trying to back up database: out of memroy

От Peter Kovacs
Тема Re: Error while trying to back up database: out of memroy
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Vladimir Rusinov" <vladimir@greenmice.info> writes:
>> But now I'm getting following error:
>> pg_dump: WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server
>> process
>
> As a rule of thumb, you should disable OOM kill on any server system.

This document describes a few solutions potentially better than
outright disabling:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/taroon-list/2007-August/msg00006.html .
(I don't know whether those solutions actually work or not, but may be
worth trying by the look of it.)

Peter