Re: How long to get a password reset ???

От Ron
Тема Re: How long to get a password reset ???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/28/21 10:02 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 5:42 AM Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)
> <postgresql@ultimeth.com> wrote:
>> It's pretty simple:

asI wanted them.

>> I attempted to log in with the above eMail address, which is obviously part of this list, since I receive messages
tothat address from this list.

>> All known passwords failed.
>> I clicked on the link to the "password reset" form, entered my above eMail address, & pressed "Reset Password."  The
responsewas a web page that said I'd soon get an eMail for resetting my password.

>> The rest is history.  Meaning zero history (response).  And yes, I did it twice to make sure I didn't type the eMail
addressincorrectly (I cut & pasted the 2nd time).  I can try again if it will help (barring the usual definition of
insanity).

>> That was six hours ago.  Since it looks like I (now) have satisfactory access to the list (I was moderated for a few
hours),I will post (in a separate thread) my PostgreSQL issue, & wait for the next full moon (26 days) for my password
reset.
> You do not appear to have an account under your ultimeth.com address,
> or under the mailpen.com address you used in your first email.
>
> However, if you have not used the website for a long time, it is
> possible your subscription was migrated over from the old
> installation, in which case it can exist without an email address.

This must be why I wasn't able to reset my password.

>   In
> this case, you can just go ahead and create a new account with your
> email address, and it will automatically get connected to your
> existing subscriptions, and you will be set.

This important info should be mentioned at https://www.postgresql.org/list/
to eliminate a lot of angst and confusion.