Re: Barman disaster recovery solution

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Barman disaster recovery solution
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 27/2/19 5:04 μ.μ., Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

> Em 27/02/2019 09:31, Achilleas Mantzios escreveu:
>> On 27/2/19 1:58 μ.μ., richter@simkorp.com.br wrote:
>>> Just to notice, I d o use backup from standby and WAL archive from standby. It is possible. But you have to
configurestandby with option of wal archive "always".

>> I guess there are issues with it. If this was so easy then pgbarman and pgbackrest would support it out of the box.
>

> Well,
>

> This setup it is working really well for past two years; prior to that, we used backup from primary server.
Using which tool?

> We have about 50 databases, half terabyte in total, primary and standby separated geographically.
>
> We had to write special app to monitor if standby is behind primary (it compares the transaction id between primary
andstandby).

> For eight years, we had no single failure from PgSQL databases (using since 9.0 and today on 9.6), replication is for
"justin case" data center unavailability, and backup is for disaster recovery

> (in case two data centers in different states from different vendors get out of work at same time).
>

> But we give no chance to bad luck: we monitor replication status every 2 minutes, we make full backup every 2 days
withincremental backup in between, and test all backups on a recover server every

> day. As pointed, we have no single database failure that required to use the replication server or the backup server,
butwe will not lower the attention.

Which means you tested your backups?

> Regards,
>

> Edson
>

>>> Just my 2c,
>>>
>>> Edson Richter
>>>
>>> /Enviado do meu Telefone LG/

writtenan article, not yet publised, on a comparison on the 3 most known solutions.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

От: Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Barman disaster recovery solution
От: Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Barman disaster recovery solution