Re: Postgres Dropped DB have recovered files how to restore

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Postgres Dropped DB have recovered files how to restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/6/2016 4:09 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
I have no idea about Windows filesystems but you may be able to
"undelete" the files, as long as you don't touch the partition for
anything else; search the web for "undelete ntfs".  Once you undelete
you will need to put them back in the right places.  I suggest you get a
disk with twice as much space as the original; make an image copy of the
original disk and don't touch the original anymore.  Then try to
undelete the files from the image.  Use the list Adrian provided as a
guide for what you're missing.

You *may* be able to recover the data, if you're lucky and careful.

that won't work if he did a DROP DATABASE as all the metadata is gone.