Re: Postgres Dropped DB have recovered files how to restore

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Postgres Dropped DB have recovered files how to restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
lifetronics wrote:
> This morning I accidently deleted my database for my OpenERP accounting. I
> did not have a good backup system setup so I was unable to do a system
> restore. i did manage to recover the files the drop command removed but I
> dont know how to get the DB back into postgres? Can anyone help me with
> this. I realy need this db to be restored otherwise I am screwed.

I have no idea about Windows filesystems but you may be able to
"undelete" the files, as long as you don't touch the partition for
anything else; search the web for "undelete ntfs".  Once you undelete
you will need to put them back in the right places.  I suggest you get a
disk with twice as much space as the original; make an image copy of the
original disk and don't touch the original anymore.  Then try to
undelete the files from the image.  Use the list Adrian provided as a
guide for what you're missing.

You *may* be able to recover the data, if you're lucky and careful.