Re: Vacuum on the database versus individual tables.

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Vacuum on the database versus individual tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Hartman,
Matthew<Matthew.Hartman@krcc.on.ca> wrote:
> Good morning.
>

> On occasion I’ll perform a full vacuum on a database but will still receive
> a suggestion to vacuum an individual table immediately after. Does the full
> database vacuum not handle each individual table?

As of 8.3, for the most part you can trust autovacuum to do its thing
if it's enabled...there are exceptions to this but I'm curious why you
are doing 'vacuum full'.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: planned recovery from a certain transaction
Сообщение: Re: planned recovery from a certain transaction