Re: planned recovery from a certain transaction

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: planned recovery from a certain transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 25 June 2009, "Chris Spotts" <rfusca@gmail.com> wrote:
> The transaction itself works flawlessly, but every once and awhile the
> data the it uploads from comes in flawed and we have to find a way to
> reset it. This reset involves restoring a backup that was taken right
> before the proc started.   If we had the xid of the long running
> transaction, is there a better way to reset it right before that
> transaction happened?  Restoring the backup is a lengthy process because
> several of the tables that are affected are rather large.

PITR would permit you to restore the database to a point in time or a
transaction ID. You could probably do something with filesystem snapshots
to minimize backup/restore time for it.

--
WARNING:  Do not look into laser with remaining eye.

Сообщение: Re: Vacuum on the database versus individual tables.
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum on the database versus individual tables.