Re: ALTER composite type does not work, but ALTER TABLE which ROWTYPE is used as a type - works fine

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: ALTER composite type does not work, but ALTER TABLE which ROWTYPE is used as a type - works fine
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Allow ALTER TYPE to add, rename, change the type of, and drop columns?

That's probably the consensus view.  Personally, I think creating
composite types through 'create type as' was a mistake...we probably
should have gone through create table instead with some special syntax
for storage-less tables aka composite types.

Even if I'm right though, I don't think that mistake can be taken
back, so all that functionality needs to be reimplemented in create
type somehow.

merlin