Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Dave Page wrote:
>>> It might also be useful to create such a database at initdb time so
>>> newbies have something interesting to look at right away.
>
>> No, there is no need to clutter every installation in the world with
>> such a database. You could make it an addon module, or a pgfoundry project.
>
> The whole thing strikes me as extreme overkill, not to mention a
> misunderstanding of what an example is supposed to be for.  If we're
> going to insist that every example in the docs work when
> copied-and-pasted into an empty database, then simple and to-the-point
> examples will be history.  Instead of one-liners we'll have clutter.

Clutter is the problem.  The cs_log functions in the example do not
serve any purpose that is helpful to describe a for loop.  They serve
no real purpose...why not 'raise notice' or just remove them?  It
should be clear to distinguish from real and non-real elements.

merlin