Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation
Дата
Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Dave Page wrote:
>> It might also be useful to create such a database at initdb time so
>> newbies have something interesting to look at right away.

> No, there is no need to clutter every installation in the world with
> such a database. You could make it an addon module, or a pgfoundry project.

The whole thing strikes me as extreme overkill, not to mention a
misunderstanding of what an example is supposed to be for.  If we're
going to insist that every example in the docs work when
copied-and-pasted into an empty database, then simple and to-the-point
examples will be history.  Instead of one-liners we'll have clutter.

Сообщение: Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation
Сообщение: Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation