Re: Hardware vs Software RAID

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Hardware vs Software RAID
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Adrian Moisey
<adrian@careerjunction.co.za> wrote:
> Has anyone done some benchmarks between hardware RAID vs Linux MD software
> RAID?
>
> I'm keen to know the result.

I have here:
http://merlinmoncure.blogspot.com/2007/08/following-are-results-of-our-testing-of.html

I also did some pgbench tests which I unfortunately did not record.
The upshot is I don't really see a difference in performance.  I
mainly prefer software raid because it's flexible and you can use the
same set of tools across different hardware.  One annoying thing about
software raid that comes up periodically is that you can't grow raid 0
volumes.

merlin