Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 3/14/07, femski <hypertree@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, I turned off XDMCP and network bandwidth utilization dropped to less than
> 5%.
> Timings remained the same.
>
> Curiously five times faster time for Oracle came from a client running on a
> different host than the server.
> To make things worse for Postgres, when I replace "hostname" in jdbc string
> to "localhost" or 127.0.0.1
> it runs another 60% slower (446 sec vs 275 sec). Strange.
>
> Before I take this discussion to jdbc list, why is CPU utilization 100%
> during insert ? could that be a bottleneck. How to eliminate it ? These are
> Intel WordCrest  5110 Xeon cores.

when loading to oracle, does it utilize more than one core? istm your
best bet would be to split load process to 4+ backends...

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do
Сообщение: Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do