Re: Any Plans for cross database queries on the same server?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Any Plans for cross database queries on the same server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/30/07, Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote:
> I know it can be done in M$ SQL server using .. notation and I bet you
> can do it in DB2 and Oracle.
> you can even do it in MySQL, in MySQL it's their way of implementing
> schemas.

exactly.  mysql does not have schemas, and imho schemas > mysql
databases.  Some servers (ms sql server) allow you to do 4 part
qualification, but the architecture is different over there and not
necessarily bettter (IMO).  The postgresql database is neatly
associated with a connection which I think is rather elegant...in my
opinion it would be better to allow schemas to nest than to allow
cross database querying.

merlin