Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: [Solved] Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 3/31/06, Magnus Hagander <mha@sollentuna.net> wrote:
> > This is a blatant thread steal... but here we go...
> > Do people have any opinions on the pgsql driver?

> I beleive so. I've been using it for a long time with zero problems.
> While I don't use many of the exotic features in it, I doubt most people
> do ;-) Don't get scared by the claim it's in beta - IIRC there's an RC
> out any day now, and it's been stable long before 1.0. But it's always a
> good idea to browse through the list of known bugs and see if one will
> likely hit you...

Up until a few months ago the npgsql driver was missing a few features
that made it easier to work with typed datasets in the IDE...I would
use the odbc driver to create the dataset at design time and work with
it at run time with the npgsql driver.

Lately though, it seems there is no reason not use the npgsql driver.

Merlin

Сообщение: Re: Query using SeqScan instead of IndexScan
Сообщение: Re: Query using SeqScan instead of IndexScan