Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem

От Claus Guttesen
Тема Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I recall a reference on the list indicating that newer Xeon processors
> don't suffer from the context switching problem reported last year.
>
> In searching the archives, I can't find any specific info indentifying
> which Xeon processors don't have this problem.
>
> Anyone point me to a reference?

We recently migrated to a woodcrest @ 3 GHz from a 2 Ghz opteron. The
woodcrest seems to be enjoying doing db-related work. I don't have
numbers other than load is much lower now.

> Is this in any way related to the version of Postgresql one is running?
>   We're headed for 8, but have a bit of work before we can get there.
> We are currently on 7.4.16.

We are at 7.4.14 which works fine atm.

regards
Claus